Pages

Saturday 18 May 2013

Prayers for Sickness and Healing



Prayer for Healing

Merciful Lord, visit us in our time of need and affliction; and as you healed Jairus' daughter and raised her from her bed of infirmity, visit your servant, Master, and deliver him/her from sickness and pain. For you alone have born the sickness and affliction of our world and with you nothing is impossible. For you are all-merciful and to you we ascribe glory and adoration forever. Amen

Prayer Before Surgery

Heavenly Father, Creator and Comforter, who created me in Your image and likeness. You know every fiber of my being and have willed that I be born. I ask You, Lord, to guide the minds and hands of those who will operate on me so that I may be restored to health and well-being. Help me, Lord, to pray with all my heart and allow my burden of concern and anxiety and that of my family to be lifted up with the knowledge that You are with us now and always. And Lord, when I awake from surgery, take me by your hand and guide me to wards a life of thanksgiving and peace. Amen.

Prayer After Surgery

O Compassionate Lord, I offer thanksgiving to You because you have aided and guided my doctor and those who assisted in my surgery and eventual healing. Like the woman who touched the fringe of Your garment (Lk 8:40-56), I too have been freed from the anxiety and isolation of my illness. Like her I rejoice in the prospect of returning to my home, my family and friends. I look forward to all that Your world has to offer and when I leave this bed, may I go out as a more compassionate person. Bless me, O Lord, with the loving kindness which You so abundantly extended to me so that I may continuously bear witness to Your healing Grace. May Your Holy name be glorified now and forever. Amen
Blessed is our God, always, now and forever. Amen
All Holy Trinity, have mercy upon me. Lord, forgive my sins. Master, pardon my transgressions. Holy One, visit and heal my infirmities for your name's sake.

Another Prayer for Healing

Lord, at this moment, I pray that you will hear me and give heed to the voice of my supplication. Stretch forth your hand, touch me and heal me of my infirmity. Grant that I may understand the nature of my illness and sustain me as I deal with its effects upon my life. Strengthen me, O Lord, as I perceive my affliction, not as an overwhelming obstacle, but rather, as a challenge to be met and overcome.
Holy Father who in your infinite love created us in Your image and likeness; who formed my body out of the earth and breathed into it Your divine and life-giving breath; do You, Yourself, O Lord, look with mercy upon me, Your child and heal my spirit and body. Help me to endure the tribulations of my infirmity and keep my soul safe through all that has happened and will happen.
Yes, Lord, I know that you are present at all times, long in patience, great in mercy and compassion. Receive my prayer at this present time and direct my life according to your commandments. Sanctify my soul. Cleanse my body and set my mind aright. Deliver me from sorrow, evil and distress. Surround me with your holy angels, that guarded and guided by them, I may overcome this adversity.
Thank You, Lord, for hearing my prayer.
Amen.
Lord, have Mercy.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, according to your great mercy, I pray to You, hear me and have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.
Again I ask for your mercy; for life, health, peace and for forgiveness of my sins and transgressions.
Lord, Have mercy.
Visit O lord, and heal my infirmity and deliver me from pain and long suffering.
Lord, Have mercy.
Lord Jesus Christ our Savior, Physician of our souls and bodies, who for our salvation, became man and suffered death on the Cross; O Lord, visit me in my suffering and grant me grace and strength to bear this illness. Heal me, O Lord, not only in body, but also in mind and soul. So that I may please you in all things and praise your blessed name all the days of my life.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment